Sunday, May 31, 2009

Smoothies! Quick and Fast Lunch for New Mommies

I didn't have many cravings during my pregnancy, but post-pregnancy I can't seem to get enough of smoothies! I am truly enjoying the fancy blender I got for my wedding last year.

Smoothies are great because they are quick to put together, are filling and only require one hand to eat (so the other hand can hold Baby Simon).

Here are two smoothie recipes that I've been enjoying the last few weeks.

Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie

1/2 banana
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup peanut butter (sugar free)
3/4 cup skim milk

Throw all these ingredients in blender and blend!

Strawberry Banana Smoothie

4 strawberries
1/2 banana
1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
1/4 cup honey
3/4 cup orange juice

As stated above, throw all these ingredients in blender and blend!

And, if you want to add a bit more volume and a chill to either one of these smoothies, add a few handfuls of ice.

No comments: