Monday, December 8, 2008

Interview with Lars Rusins of Baltimore Foodies

Recently, I had the honor of meeting (over email) Lars Rusins. He is owner and founder of Baltimore Foodies, an organization that offers its members opportunities to take part in dinner parties at locally owned resaturants.

He believes in "good food, drinks and fun". Isn't that wonderful! I belive in the same, although I would like to add that I also believe in smiling and laughing. They go well with good food, drinks and fun.

I sent Lars a few questions about his eating habits. Here they are, with his answers:

What's your favorite meal to cook at home?

I'm a guy, must cook over fire. Love grilling, especially beer can chicken

What's your favorite meal to eat out?

I always want to get something I can't make, or make well at home. "Favorite Meal" is tough to quantify, it's more about wanting a certain cuisine, or a certain type of venue

What's your favorite cocktail?

Vodka on the rocks, potato vodka preferred, with a lemon twist. On a side note: I don't take fruit in my beer. I take my vodka on the rocks, and my tequila straight.

What's your favorite meal to eat for lunch?

Three Lengua Tacos from the Taco Truck in front of the Church on Broadway in Fells Point

What's your favorite breakfast food? (Feel free to offer a list of items. I wouldn't be able to say just one thing.)

Eggs, and coffee, regular, maybe some buttered white toast, and/or some sausage/bacon

At the moment, where are your favorite places to go for breakfast, lunch, drinks and dinner in Baltimore?

Many favorites, again, depends upon the mood.

Italian (lunch or dinner) – Sotto Sopra, best in town, I have been going there since they opened over ten years ago

Sushi (primarily lunch) – Minato, love their new location and Tammy and Alex do a great job

French (lunch or dinner) – Petit Louis, excellent, again, been going there since they opened

Pizza (lunch) – Iggies, get me an Alice please

Fun time (dinner) - Jack's Bistro, fun food and people, never disappoints

Oysters (lunch) – Ryleigh's, Patrick is working wonders here

Pad Thai (lunch) - Thairish

Fish & Chips (lunch) – Mick O'Shea's, nobody does them better, and I have tried all of them

Quick Lunch & Beer – Cross Street Market

Overall Experience (dinner) - Woodberry Kitchen – Probably doing some of the best work in town right now

Besides our blog, what's other food/cooking sites do you visit?

Elizabeth's Large's blog, dining@large

No comments: