Sunday, August 30, 2009

Avocado Lime Dressing

This recipe was adapted from Food and Wine. I altered the recipe to fit what I have in my pantry and refrigerator. I hate buying an ingredient and only using it once for a recipe. What a waste!

This dressing is great over a salad of romaine lettuce, orange and yellow bell peppers and cucumbers. Sprinkle roasted salted pumpkin seeds on top. It adds great crunch.

In a blender combine the following ingredients.

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup avocado
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 white wine vinegar
1 clove of garlic, chopped
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper

1 comment:

Kristin said...

yum...making this tonight to give the avocado on my counter a destiny. Aren't we healthy with our dressings?
Need to add Simon to Jr. Blogger gadget.