Sunday, September 13, 2009

The 'If You're a Vegetarian, Stop Reading Now' Burger

My husband and I were inspired to make this recipe for two reasons. First off, I recently bought $60 worth of smoked dry-cured pork (think prosciutto, but more rustic). Sick, I know. I don't even know why. I don't plan on having a party. It just seemed like a good idea.

The second part of my inspiration came from burgers my husband and I bought at Eastern Market last weekend. We bought sirloin burgers with chopped smoked bacon in them. Delicious. The guy behind the meat counter admitted to making them for breakfast that morning. Hilarious.

The burgers got me thinking :). And, of course, why use plain old beef when you can use delicious veal?

Now, go try this at home. I command you!

2 lbs ground veal
1/2 cup chopped Surryano ham tips. It's dry cured and smoked.
4 TB Worcestershire sauce
3 TB plain bread crumbs
1 TB garlic powder
1 TB black pepper
1 tsp white pepper
1 tsp dried oregano

Combine everything, and make four patties. They're best cooked on a hot grill, 4-5 mins per side.

1 comment:

KingT said...

Looks great, love the site