Sunday, October 19, 2008

BAC Melt (Bacon, Apple, Chedder)

I went out on a limb on this combination, but I figured how could it go wrong with bacon involved. Thanks to my good college friend Sarah (What up!), my husband and I received The Griddler -- a panini press/grill, not a Batman villain -- as a wedding present. It's similar to a Foreman, but a hundred times better.

Here's the link if you want to check it out, http://www.williams-sonoma.com/
products/6417778/index.cfm.

The Griddler is perfect for making a pressed sandwiches, although you do not need it to make this. You can make it in regular pan, just like you'd make any grilled cheese.

6 slices of bacon cooked
4-6 thin slices of apple (use whatever apple you like best)
4 thin slices of cheddar cheese (I recommend a sharp cheddar)
4 slices of sour dough bread

And butter for the outside of the bread.

*Makes 2 sandwiches

Heat up your pan or griddler. Butter the outer sides of of the bread.

Layer, bacon, apple and cheese on bread, and place in pan/griddler.

Cook at medium temperature. If you are using a sharp cheddar it will take a little longer to become all melty, so it's best to heat up slowly.

Cooking time will be about 4-5 minutes tops.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks sooo yummy. can't wait to try it. we have a panini press too and my husband is obsessed with them.
- cara faz

Unknown said...

Wow that looks so good...wish I could pick it up right now and try it. Can't wait to make one!